Tuesday, December 20, 2011

my big idea

i was at an antique store, a few weeks ago, surprise, surprise and saw something similar to the display above.  the set at the antique store had tinsel roping around the edges, alternated red and green felt (not sure if i like the colors i picked, i'm thinking i should have gone with the gap SALE holiday colors).  the antique store display had more modern looking wood letters and were painted silver with glitter added.   i had gotten this set of red wood letters at elkorn flea market last summer for $5.  i thought i would try something similar with my set for the area above my kitchen cabinets.

oops, it's a little big.

2 comments:

  1. Adorable! The kitchen and the greeting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, Mara! So glad I found your blog :)

    ReplyDelete