Wednesday, September 10, 2014

we'll i tried

back in the day when my family lived in california
we would take road trips to wisconsin
to visit my mom's side of the family.
(one trip was in a red vw bug - all 4 of us - 
thru the desert 
over the mountains, farmlands etc. to wisconsin) 

one of my favorite memories 
was eating watermelon pickles at the family picnics. 
i wrote down my grandma's recipe many many years ago
and this year i finally tried it!
and guess what - they tasted terrible!
not sure what i did but they did not taste like the
watermelon pickles i remember.

oh well, at least the jars sealed and no explosions happened. 

it was a good learning experience.
 hopefully i won't wait as long to try again. 



1 comment:

  1. Oh my!! Had the same experience with pickles once. Good for you for trying!!

    ReplyDelete